About Me

My photo
Penniless journalist, voulunteer in Banska Bystrica (Slovacchia)through the European Solidarity Corps. In this blog, in which I will try to post in both Italian and English, I''ll write about myself, Slovakia and much more. I

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Gli incontri../

Martedì sera. E' il mio quinto giorno a Banska Bystricia.  Bussano alla porta della mia stanza.
"Ciao-mi dice una ragazza riccia bionda - ho sentito dire che era arrivata una nuova persona. Ero curiosa di conoscerti". Si siede  su uno dei due letti nella mia camera, con fare molto disinvolto. Due ore dopo conosco  quasi tutta la storia della sua vita.  Come se fossi sua amica da tempo.  A 25 anni, Patricia  studentessa di dottorato, ha viaggiato per l'europa molto più di me. Spesso da sola.  Quando viaggi da sola - mi dice - non devi dare conto a nessuno. E' la cosa migliore". Non torna quasi mai a casa dalla sua famiglia.  Sembra essere una tipa molto indipendente, ma anche un pò solitaria.  Strano che mi abbia raccontato così tante cose di sè, la prima sera che ci siamo conosciute. " Quando sei nata?- mi chiede - tirando fuori una piccola agendina  e appuntandosi il giorno del mio compleanno. " Non voglio dimenticarlo. Se non  sarò qui - mi assicura - ti manderò un messaggio". In seguito ho scoperto che sarebbe stata la mia compagna di stanza se non avesse dovuto partire per l'Erasmus in Repubblica Ceca e se non mi avessero assegnato una camera tutta per me.  Buffa coincidenza questa. Come buffo anche il fatto che abbiamo scoperto di avere gusti simili.  E' proprio vero che nella vita non sai mai chi può venire a bussare alla tua porta. 


Tuesday evening. It is my fifth day in Banska Bystricia. Someone knocks on my room.

"Hi- " says a curly blonde girl- "I heard that a new person has arrived. I was curious to meet you." She sits on one of the two beds in my room, very casual.  Two hours later I know almost the whole story of her life. As if I had been her friend for a long time. At 25 years old, Patricia,  PhD student, traveled around in Europe  more then me. Often alone. "When you travel alone - she tells me - you  you are free. It's the best thing.She seldom goes home to  visit her family. She seems to be a very independent girl, but also lonely. Strange fact that she told me so many things about herself, the first time we met." When were you born? - she asks  me pulling out from her bag a small diary and making a note on my birthday. "I don't want to forget it. If I am not here - she assures me - I will send you a message". Later I found out that she would have been my roommate if she hadn't had to leave for Erasmus in the Czech Republic and if they hadn't given me a private room. Funny coincidence. Funny is  also the fact that we found out we have similar hobbies. It' s true that in life you never know who can come to knock on your door.



No comments:

Post a Comment